For All Arctic Heat Products
Instructions manual for maximum cooling time
Remove your product from packaging and please do not reuse supplied bag for storage.
Before activating items please try on to be sure of correct fit.
Follow instructions step by step.
Gel crystals are non-sensitive to skin and mucous membranes, are not absorbed by skin and are non-toxic.
- Products come in crystal form. Initially soak in water for 10 – 15 minutes so crystal in pockets swells into gel form (pockets should be firm but not bursting). When removing from water, gently twist to remove excess water and hang until material is completely dry.
- Must always be in activated (gel) state before being used. Once activated, and fabric dried, place item in the freezer (not in plastic bag supplied).It can also be placed inside a resealable bag and placed in an ice water/slurry. The length of cooling time is subject to outside temperature and body heat considerations. As a guide if the product is soaked directly in ice water/slurry for 1 – 3 minutes, it will stay cold for up to 30 minutes. If frozen it will stay cold for up to 2 hours. If it is stiff (frozen) when taken out of freezer, it is okay to snap the frozen gel pockets with your fingers.
- If the crystal/gel pockets start to dehydrate and become flat, soak for 5-10 minutes so that the gel pockets properly swell again. If pockets return to crystal state simply repeat initial soak.
- Whilst in activated (gel) state, product must be stored by hanging in a ventilated area. If wishing to store for long periods, allow to completely dehydrate (returning it to crystal), then hang in ventilated area.
- To re-activate, simply repeat initial soak.
- Please note: Back of the vest has only top 3 panels filled with gel to keep cold away from Kidney area.
- The products can also be used warm/hot (must be in activated state)
- Placing in the Microwave Oven for 30 second intervals until the desired temperature is achieved. Heating times may vary according to wattage of microwave. It is IMPORTANT to check that it is not too hot before wearing to avoid burns.
Initially you may see traces of gel coming through seam-lines, simply wipe it away with a damp cloth.
DO NOT STORE IN FRIDGE! (May cause mould to form)
Warning: Some medical conditions may require advice from a health professional before application.
Take extra care when using with children, the elderly, disabled, ill and sleeping recipients.
If ingested seek medical advice.
Important to store it right
Once activated the product can be stored either in the freezer or can be hung in a ventilated area.
If wishing to store the product for long periods, hang the product in a ventilated area and allow it to completely dehydrate (returning it to hard crystal).
To wash, simply hand wash in warm water with mild soap for 2 minutes and hang to dry.
Or use a short delicate wash cycle in your washing machine.