MediCool Kit consists of a 2 caps, 2 blankets, 4 axilla pads and 4 groin pads. There is a blue and white set, for easy rotation to facilitate continuous cooling.
After cardiac arrest only 60% of patients regain consciousness. Of those that do, one third suffer irreversible cognitive deficits.
- Unconscious adults should be cooled following an out of hospital cardiac arrest
- Core body temperature cooled to 32-34°C
- Cooled body temperature maintained for 12-24 hours
Why the Need to Cool?
- Anoxic brain injury is a common outcome after cardiac arrest
- Studies have shown a reduction in mortality and improved
neurological outcomes after cooling
What is Arctic Heat MediCool?
- Arctic Heat MediCool is an external cooling aid that wraps the body
and head of the patient
- When frozen, MediCool acts as a ‘skin safe’ method
for effective cooling via conduction, convection and evaporation
- Portable, safe, easy to use and fit for purpose
It can also be used
- temperature control caused by fevers
- treatment of heat-stress
- portable for use in ambulance